SWIM MEET REMINDERS
1. Each swimmer can swim up to 4 individual events and 2 relays.
2. All swim meet entries are to be completed on the Hidden Springs Swim Club website. All entries must be submitted no later than 10:00 p.m. the Wednesday before the meet.
3. Be ready to start warm up at 8:00 a.m.
4. Home meet setup starts at 7:00 a.m.
5. Before warm-ups, check in with your coaches. Have your event information written on your arm.
6. Please remember to follow all pool rules and behave in a manner that reflects positively on yourself, your team and our community.
7. Most swim clubs have a concession stand with a variety of snacks and refreshments, but you are welcome to bring your own food and drinks.
8. Swim meets can be long with a lot of down time. Feel free to bring some forms of entertainment: books, cards, portable game systems, travel games.
9. Avoid expending too much energy by running around and hanging out in the sun. Relax and enjoy the shade!
SWIM MEET CHECKLIST
- Swim Suit
- Swim Cap
- 2-3 Towels
- Healthy snacks and drinks
- Warm clothes for cooler temps (sweatshirts, sweatpants, blankets)
- Entertainment items
- Money for the concession stand
SWIM MEET ORDER OF EVENTS
Girl’s Event # Event Boy’s Event #
1 8 & Under Coed 100 yd Medley Relay 1
3 11 & Under 200 yd Medley Relay 4
5 12 & over 200 yd Medley Relay 6
7 10 & Under 100 IM 8
9 11-12 100 IM 10
11 13-14 200 IM 12
13 15-18 200 IM 14
15 8 & Under 25 yd Freestyle 16
17 9-10 50 yd Freestyle 18
19 11-12 50 yd Freestyle 20
21 13-14 50 yd Freestyle 22
23 15-18 50 yd Freestyle 24
25 8 & Under 25 yd Butterfly 26
27 9-10 50 yd Butterfly 28
29 11-12 50 yd Butterfly 30
31 13-14 100 yd Butterfly 32
33 15-18 100 yd Butterfly 34
35 10 & Over 200 Freestyle 36
37 8 & Under 25 yd Backstroke 38
39 9-10 50 yd Backstroke 40
41 11-12 50 yd Backstroke 42
43 13-14 100 yd Backstroke 44
45 15-18 100 yd Backstroke 46
47 8 & Under 25 yd Breaststroke 48
49 9-10 50 yd Breaststroke 50
51 11-12 50 yd Breaststroke 52
53 13-14 yd 100 yd Breaststroke 54
55 15-18 100 yd Breaststroke 56
57 8 & Under 50 yd Freestyle 58
59 9-10 100 yd Freestyle 60
61 11-12 100 yd Freestyle 62
63 13-14 100 yd Freestyle 64
65 15-18 100 yd Freestyle 66
67 10 & Over 500 yd Freestyle 68
69 8 & Under Coed 100 yd Freestyle Relay 70
71 11 & Under 200 yd Freestyle Relay 72
73 12 & Over 200 yd Freestyle Relay 74
Each swimmer is allowed four individual events and two relays. At the championship meet this will be reduced to 3 individual events and two relays.
Monday – Thursday
8:30 – 9:30 Beginner Group A – Coach Melissa
8:30 – 10:00 Advanced – Coach Justin
10:00 – 11:00 Intermediate – Coach Justin
10:00 – 11:00 Beginner Group B – Coach Melissa
All Swimmers 8:30 – 10:00
TEAM BUILDING FRIDAY- Swim team is both an individual and team sport. On Friday’s we will be doing different exercises with the whole team together to promote team building. We will focus on stroke technique, flip turns, and dives.
WHAT EACH SWIMMER NEEDS
Although team swimsuits and swim caps are not mandatory, they do cultivate a sense of belonging and easy recognition of our team. Any swimsuit may be worn for practices during the week, but team suits and caps are encouraged for meets. If you choose not to purchase the discounted team suit from the Swim & Run Shops, we ask that your swimmer wear a solid navy suit; one piece suit for girls and jammers for boys. In addition, swim caps with another team’s logo are not permitted during meets.
Other items your swimmer will need:
- Drawstring backpack or bag for carrying items
- Sweatshirt/t-shirt/pants for before and/or after practice for cooler temps
- Tennis Shoes
Make sure that all items are clearly labeled with your child’s name. If your child loses anything, it will be placed in the Lost & Found. Please remember there are 100+ swimmers with the same T-shirt and swim cap. Without a name, it will be impossible to return misplaced items.
OTHER PRACTICE REMINDERS
1. Observe all pool rules and listen to the coaches and/or any parent in charge.
2. Be on time for practice and be ready to start when warm-ups begin.
3. If you drop your swimmer off, pick him/her up promptly after practice.
4. If your swimmer misses an occasional practice, you do not need to call.
For an extended absence, please notify the coaches via email.
5. Please do not interrupt coaches during practice. There are 5 minutes before and after each practice where the coaches are available to answer questions.
You may also choose to email and/or set up a time to meet if necessary.
Each swimmer is responsible for following all pool rules and the rules set forth by the coaches. A swimmer who distracts the coaches due to bad behavior is taking away valuable instruction time for the team, as well as potentially placing other swimmers in harm’s way.
Usually discipline is not a major problem: however, because of the large number of swimmers and the size of practices, safety is our first and utmost concern. Therefore, strict discipline is required for the benefit of the team. Coaches will maintain discipline and an orderly practice at all times. Coaches reserve the right to remove a swimmer from the pool in order to stop unacceptable behavior if needed. Parents will be notified. In the event disciplinary action is needed on three occurrences, the parents will be contacted, and the swimmer will be removed from the team. There will be no partial or full refund given.
Please notify the coaches of any health problems your swimmer may have or if there is a change in their health status. Communication between parents and coaches regarding allergies, diabetes, seizure activity, etc. is key to ensuring a child’s safety in regards to these and other medical issues.
If your child becomes ill and is unable to swim in an upcoming meet, please notify the coaches as soon as possible. Changes will need to be made to the swim meet entries, which may include and affect the relay teams.